About Savannah, GA
The choice to hold our Specialty & Agro Chemicals America event in Savannah, Georgia continues to support the event’s overall mission and value proposition. Savannah is an accessible commute for the specialty chemical and agrochemical industry – within driving distance for many companies based in the Southeastern US, and with direct flights available from 29 major international cities.
Savannah offers the distinctive blend of a smaller, yet first-class business setting. Like Charleston, site of the 2015-2022 shows, Savannah is known for its deep roots of American history, southern charm and hospitality, plus a thriving, walkable downtown district with scenic water views. The city offers its own unique historical landmarks, architecture and award-winning, affordable restaurants, all “set under a veil of Spanish moss.” These features combine to make Savannah an ideal location to host our June Chemicals America event..
- “Top 10 US Cities Worth Exploring in 2021” CEOWORLD Magazine, January 2021
- “The South’s Best Walking Tours 2021” (#2, Bonaventure Cemetery Tours) Southern Living, March 2021
- “25 Most Popular U.S. Destinations for 2021” Tripadvisor, April 2021
A Living History Center
- Find landmarks on every corner in the Historic Landmark District, the hub of downtown Savannah.
- Stroll through 22 park squares, and explore museums, monuments, restored 18th-century homes, boutiques and more than 100 restaurants.
- Join a ghost tour, take a ferry ride on the Savannah River, and soak up the beauty of Savannah’s stunning homes and cobblestone streets.
A Center for Arts and Culture
- Jepson Center for the Arts featuring over 7,500 square feet of gallery space for major traveling exhibitions of contemporary art and installations of works from the permanent collection.
- Pin Point Heritage Museum
- Davenport House is essential in experiencing the history of Savannah and its historic preservation renaissance. As one of the oldest brick structures in the city, its furnishings and artifacts display a glimpse of home life in the 1800s.
- Tybee Island Marine Science Center
- American Prohibition Museum
Savannah simmers with creativity that bursts forth in galleries, film and music venues tucked amid the city’s historic architecture. View the latest exhibits at the Jepson Center for the Arts or shop for fine art at one of City Market’s eclectic galleries. Locals will insist you not miss the Downtown Design District, brimming with locally owned shops. Music aficionados can enjoy live jazz, classical music or original alt-rock compositions in sophisticated spaces or the newest hipster hangouts.
Restaurants, Shopping, and Attractions
Experience Savannah's award-winning restaurants, culture, and hospitality: Savannah Restaurants, Savannah Shopping & Cultural Attractions
Enjoy the Beach
As a coastal city, Savannah is also just minutes away from the Atlantic Ocean and famous beaches on Tybee Island and Hilton Head Island.